CPCS Appointed Person (A61)
This course is suitable for supervisors and managers with responsibility for lifting operations. This course will give you an understanding of the appointed person’s responsibilities and how to fulfil them.
On passing the technical tests, you gain the CPCS trained operator card (red card).
If you already hold the CPCS Code A40 Slinger/Signaller, you will also achieve the CPCS Code A62 Crane Supervisor qualification.
- Introductions to the qualification, why it is essential and the relevant legislation surrounding this role, including the LOLER regulations
- The roles and responsibilities of the Appointed Person
- Crane stability and planning lifting operations
- Mobile cranes and planning lifting operations
- Drawing workshops to plan lifts
- Routine maintenance of relevant plant machinery
- Safe working procedures
- Pre-use and post use procedures