The aim of this course is to provide candidates with sufficient underpinning knowledge in order for them to understand the role and responsibility of a forklift Operator. Following successful completion of the course candidates will be able carry out pre-use inspection or running checks. Understand stability issues, calculate load centres and de-rate as necessary. Safely start, manoeuvre the truck in open and confined spaces. This can be accredited to NPORS,RTITB or In-House dependent on your requirements.
*Depends on experience and previous training.
- Legislation – LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA
- Codes of practice – HSG6
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with forklift operations including selection and competencies
- Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting attachments
- Types of Forklifts
- Pre-use Inspection/ running checks
- Forklift Terminology
- Forklift Stability
- Operators Safety Code
- Rating plates & SWL
- Types of Lift
- Vehicle loading/ unloading
- Proximity hazards
- Battery Care