Mobile Elevated Working Platform (3a 3b)
To instruct an operator to prepare and operate various types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs). This includes any scissor lifts and personnel lifts that do not have outriggers so that you can drive the machine while elevated (manufacturer specification permitting). This course can be accredited to IPAF or NPORS.
Intro to IPAF and MEWPS
– MEWP legislation and guidance
– Rental terms and conditions
– Machine types and use
– Structural parts and MEWP selection
– Operator training and familiarisation
– Operator daily inspection
– MEWP personal fall protection
– Safe operating methods and hazard awareness
– Safety beyond training
– Written test.